crash when approving scheduled transactions since last run

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Aug 12 22:32:57 EDT 2016

> On Aug 12, 2016, at 4:56 PM, Kurt R. Rahlfs <app at affinityCM.com> wrote:
>
> I installed 2.6.13 from the debian repository.  It now gives an error message that makes no sense.
>
> Invalid Transactions
>
> error -3 in SX [ONG Oklahoma Natural Gas ***POTENTIAL***] final gnc_numeric value, using 0 instead
>
> At least it doesn't crash now.
>
> What I did to fix it was to disable this transaction and recreate it  with exactly the same values. That allows both transactions to be added (even the disabled one).  Though it appears the value in the checking was set to zero rather that the 40 that was in the scheduled transaction editor.
>
> I'm holding my breath for future transactions.

Please remember to copy the list on all replies.

The error isn't nonsensical, but it certainly is user-unfriendly. It's GNC_ERROR_DENOM_DIFF, which means that you asked for a calculation to have a particular denominator and the result has a different one.

What are the amounts or formulas in each credit/debit field?

Regards,
John Ralls