Tags or best approach to organize trees...

Rafael Rocha rafaelcrocha at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 15:25:50 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I have a question.

I am using gnucash to track some regular payments from clients.

I have an account for each client that pays regularly for a subscription.

Sometimes a client makes an extra payment. I have a child account named
extra inside each client account to track those.

I do this because sometimes I need to make a report of how much it client
has payed in total each year...

But sometimes I also want to know how much has been payed as extra.
Therefore I thought about changing my account tree. I would have one
account for extra payments with sub-accounts for each client reproducing
the same client list I have int the regular payments tree.

I can think about a lot of variations of this problems. So my question is:

Is there something like a tag feature that would help me display all the
extras payments, or all the regular payments, or all the payment by each
client without having to do the sums manually?

Thanks,

Rafael