Record income/ expense from side gig

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 02:59:02 EDT 2016

On 20 Aug 2016 10:47 p.m., "Chris Henderson" <henders254 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was wondering what's the best way to record income/ expense from side
gig.

> Should I simply create Income:sidegig and Expense:sidegig or is there any
> other better way to do this.

Another alternative is to decide whether, for you, sidegig is principally
an income or an expense and then have just one account of the appropriate
type and record transactions as debit or credit as appropriate. Then the
account will show the net income or expense. It is up to you to decide
which way best fits your needs.

Colin