Help needed transferrring accounts from pc to mac

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Thu Aug 25 18:41:57 EDT 2016

On 8/25/2016 7:40 AM, Jackie Adkins via gnucash-user wrote:
> Hi There
>
> I need help. I am taking over a Treasurer role in an association. The
> previous Treasurer has the accounts on Gnucash on her PC. I have a Mac
> computer onto which I have downloaded Gnucash for Mac.
>
> She has given me the accounts as a document, transferred via memory
> stick to my computer, which I can't seem to open on my Mac. What can I
> do to be able to open the accounts?
>
> Any help would be very welcome! Many thanks

You say "a document". Could you perhaps mean a file?

When you say you can't open it, what do you mean? Do you mean simply "I
click on it and my system says it doesn't know how to open it"? Or do
you mean, I start gnucash, it comes up without opening anything, I use
File => Open and point to this file on the memory stick (or wherever you
have it now) and it still won't open it?

Michael