AP links to Invoices

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Thu Aug 25 19:57:07 EDT 2016

> Message: 13
> Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 09:51:34 +0100
> From: Mike Evans <mikee at saxicola.co.uk>
> To: fellowtraveler at comcast.net
> Cc: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> Subject: Re: AP links to Invoices
>
> On Sun, 21 Aug 2016 22:58:13 -0400
> fellowtraveler at comcast.net wrote:
>
> > Is there anyway from the AP register (or anywhere else) to determine
> which invoice a specific payment is linked to. For example, in the AP
register
> select an entry of Type ?P? and get the invoice ID? Thanks..

Hi,

>From Geert's informative email yesterday (Thanks Geert!), I now realise
there is a lot for every invoice and the payments for that invoice will be
linked to the same lot. I think the lots will have a title of "Invoice
[invoice no]" for Accounts Receivable or "Bill [Bill no]" for Accounts
Payable.

If you do Actions, View Lots from the Accounts Payable register, it will
open the "Lots in Account" window and show you all lots for the accounts
payable account. That will probably be a lot of lots. :-) I haven't tested
this with a lot of lots.

You cannot select the payment, then go directly to the lot, but if you know
which invoice(s) you think the payment is linked to, you can
click on the lot for each of those invoices in the "Lots in This Account"
panel and it will show you the transactions (including payments) in the
"Splits in Lot" panel, linked to that lot.

Don't forget to uncheck "Show only open lots" so lots for fully paid
invoices show.

Hope this helps,
Regards, Chris Good