Unable to download Chase Amazon Credit Card statement or Regions Bank statements

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Aug 26 10:10:59 EDT 2016

> On Aug 26, 2016, at 3:30 AM, daren busciglio <daren_pilot at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi David,
>

> I'm frustrated because I really like Gnucash because it's pretty intuitive but if I can't connect to my credit card to download the details, the time it takes to manually enter it is just not worth it, I might as well buy Quicken.
>

> One last try.  Here is what I have setup for my credit card which is personal and not a business account.  For the User Settings tab I enter my User Name as it appears on the credit card, User ID I use my user name/id that I use to login online. Client UID I leave blank.
>

> For the Bank Settings tab: Bank Name  Chase (credit card), Broker Id is left blank, FID is 10898, ORG is B1, Server URL is https://ofx.chase.com
>

> Application Settings tab: Emulated Application Quicken Windows 2013, Application ID  QWN, Application Version  2200, Header Version  102 (I've also used 103)  and for the Special Settings button within the Application Settings tab the HTTP version is 1.1 (I've also used 1.0), Client UID is blank, Security Type is blank, and no check marks below.
>

> When I hit the Retrieve button, I enter in the password I use to logon online.  And this is what I continue to get:

> I've even changed both my online user name and password with the same results

Did you set a UUID in the CustomerID field in Online Banking Setup?

OFX Direct Connect can be frustrating. There's another, often more straightforward way to get your transactions: Every credit card website I've encountered offers the ability to download transactions, usually offering QIF, QFX, or OFX. Use that to download however many transactions you want (if you're starting off it's better to do several one-month downloads to train the matcher), then use File>Import>XXX to import the transactions into GnuCash, where XXX is either QIF or OFX/QFX; select to match the format you downloaded.

Regards,
John Ralls