Data entry problem

John R. Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Fri Aug 26 14:30:24 EDT 2016

Every once in a while I retry gc, and I often get hung up on the data
entry.  This time I am trying to enter a business deposit. The name is
"deposit".  when I enter the name gc brings into the transaction not
only the name and also the account number of a previous 'Deposit'
transaction, but also  the amount.  That is error prone for data entry.
As I am entering my various income account numbers and amounts, I
noticed I ended up with a 7,000 'imbalance-USD'.  Is there a way to stop
, at least the copying of a previous amount.  It is not unusual to have
more than one transactions to a name, a little less usual to have the
transaction to the same account number, but the same amount is getting
in the way of smooth data entry.  Spreadsheets don't copy down an amount
like they do text for a cell with the same starting text.

It also moved the transaction to a different location, on the same
date.  Is there a way keep the transactions where I entered them?

John