Tabbing order of fields

AC gnucash at acarver.net
Sat Aug 27 18:05:30 EDT 2016

I think we're not quite on the same page.

I do not use splits (there's only two accounts in a transaction, the
mutual fund account where the shares go and the bank account that
handles the cash for the buys and sells).  So in this case I only need
the plain single/double line view without automatic splits.

Second, I do always type into the mutual fund register (never the bank
register) and want the autofill, that part is properly working since it
populates the transfer field as I want it.  The problem is that the tab
order of the fields is not the same when it's a fully blank record
compared to one that uses auto fill.  The tab order on a blank
transaction in the mutual fund register is:

Date -> Num -> Description -> Transfer -> Shares -> Price -> Buy -> Sell

If I reach the Description field and enter a description similar to a
previous one (which is what I want to do), then when I press tab I
immediately jump to Buy or Sell (whatever that particular transaction
was like previously).  In this case I want the same flow as a fully
blank record: to move to Shares next, not Buy/Sell.

When it's a duplicated record that jumps to Buy/Sell, I have to backtab
(Shift-Tab) backwards to get to Shares then tab through forwards again
to fill in the rest.

ew feature request page at >uservoice.com <http://uservoice.com>.> > David C> > > > Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 5 ACTIVE™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone> > > -------- Original message --------> From: AC > Date: 8/26/2016 11:44 PM (GMT-06:00)> To: GnuCash users group > Subject: