GnuCash - closing database from Command Line?

hirapanna parveen_chamiya at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 18:49:49 EDT 2016

I have GnuCash setup on my Windows 10 desktop, with the backend database as
MySQL. I have also set GnuCash to retrieve online quotes. I has been working
fine for the last few years.

To update the prices, I start GnuCash, and update the prices from the Price
Editor.

I wanted to have an automatic process to update the quotes, so I setup a
scheduled task running a batch file. I have set it to run once a day.

The batch file is a simple invocation of GnuCash CLI as:

    gnucash.exe --add-price-quotes mysql://user:pass@server/database_name

The task executes successfully, but when I try to open the GnuCash
application after the update, I get an error saying that the database is
locked, and I can open it Read-Only, Create a New File, Open Anyway or Quit.

If I open the database read-only, I can go to the price editor and see when
the price update was made. If I close GnuCash, and then open it again, I do
not get the read-only error message.

I am curious to know what is going on. Did the CLI invocation leave the
database open? Is there a way to close the database from command line?