What's the best way to handle PayPal?

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Sat Dec 3 09:43:14 EST 2016

On 3 December 2016 at 14:21, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes you should setup a separate acct for paypal. Paypal is just
> another bank account.
>
> Colin

OK, fair enough.

If, as occasionally happens, I purchase something that's partially
funded from PayPal, and partially from the company bank account, how
does one handle that?

I have in the past tried to ensure simplicity, by removing money from
the PayPal account asap. But sometimes this has not happened.

Also, since my bank (RBS) recently started charging me for every
transaction, it would make sense not to make numerous small transfers
from PayPal to the bank account, as making one larger one, the result
of say 5 sales, would cost me less in bank charges.

Dr. David Kirkby Ph.D CEng MIET
Kirkby Microwave Ltd
Registered office: Stokes Hall Lodge, Burnham Rd, Althorne, Essex, CM3 6DT, UK.
Registered in England and Wales, company number 08914892.
http://www.kirkbymicrowave.co.uk/
Tel: 07910 441670 / +44 7910 441670 (0900 to 2100 GMT only please)