Capital gain using lots

Michael mjchurchil at aol.com
Mon Dec 5 12:25:14 EST 2016

Using 2.6.14 to calculate capital gain/loss using lots.  The calculation
seems to use gross sale price, ignoring commission. At least for the US,
the loss is off by the commission.

Should be:  Gross Sale - Sell Commission - Cost Basis = Gain/Loss

Seems to be: Gross Sale - Cost Basis = Gain/Loss

Using lots seems much easier than trying to get the data input manually,
but I don't understand the difference.  Do I need to adjust for the
commission manually after the lot calculation is made?

Michael