how to avoid or get rid of the transfer funds dialog

Bram Mertens mertensb.mazda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 17:04:31 EST 2016

Hi,

When correcting a previously entered transaction I get a transfer funds
dialog prompting me to enter an exchange rate for EUR to USD.

As far as I can tell I've configured my gnucash file to use EUR as the
default currency and I see no indication why I get this dialog.

What I'm trying to do is change the amounts in an existing split (created
by a scheduled transaction) because this month's amounts deviate from the
expected ones.

As soon as I change one of the amounts of the split I get the transfer
funds dialog so I don't have the option to edit the corresponding amounts.

I ended up deleting the automatically created transaction and creating one
from scratch.

Questions:
- why did this transaction behave differently from a new transaction where
an inbalance simply creates a new item in a split?
- how can I resolve such issues in the future without deleting and
recreating the entire transaction?
- how can I avoid running into this?

Thanks in advance

Bram