Reports, (the heart of darkness)

John Whitmore arigead at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 16:51:58 EST 2016

On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 03:27:24PM -0500, Aaron Laws wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 2:50 PM, John Whitmore <arigead at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > So I've been using GnuCash for far too long just ticking along and now I
> > find
> > myself, running a small business, having to to the tax returns. So all I
> > need
> > is GnuCash to present a summary report for all the data between two dates.
>

> I'm not entirely sure what you're wanting here; there are several reports
> that might fit that description. For instance, Reports > Assets &
> Liabilities > General Journal. If this doesn't do what you're wanting, let
> us know more details so we can help you better.

OK Now I think I have a sensible question. I'm looking at the "Income
Statement" report which looked good, but I've found a problem. Once I file an
Invoice in GnuCash it shows up as "Income" I'd have said that it's only
"Income" when the invoice is actually paid.

That's distorting my income as it looks like I've got money I don't actually
have as yet. Is this the way it would be expected to work? I'm not an
accountant so I could have the wrong impression of things.