Can't see bottom of window?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Thu Dec 8 13:32:39 EST 2016

At Thu, 8 Dec 2016 17:34:37 +0000 John Whitmore <arigead at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm running GnuCash 2.6.14 on OpenSuse Tumbleweed and Gnome
>
> I can't get GnuCash to sit inside the physical display. It's displaying below
> the bottom of the actual window so I've no idea what's down there. I can't
> move the window up past the top edge so bottom edge just can't be reached to
> resize. I'm not being allowed to maximise.
>
> Has anybody encountered that and what's the fix?

You *should* be able to grab the the top window manager border (above the
title), and drag it down -- any *sane* WM will let you resize from any of the
four borders.  This will "shorten" the window.  *Then* you can drag
the title bar to move the window up.

If Metacity (Gnome's window manager), won't let you do that, you can install a
*sane* window manager that will let you do that (fvwm for example).  Then
scrap Metacity and use fvwm instead (yes it is possible to do that).

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933