Can't see bottom of window?

Jean-David Beyer jeandavid8 at verizon.net
Sat Dec 10 08:21:22 EST 2016

On 12/08/2016 03:08 PM, John Whitmore wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 08, 2016 at 01:54:36PM -0500, Robert Heller wrote:

I run RHEL6 that uses Gnome with metacity. I just opened GnuCash, opened
the accounts window ( have lots of accounts) and shrunk it down so it is
normal width, but displays only 7.5 accounts

>>> All of that works on any other window but for some reason GnuCash appears to
>>> have a limit set so that I can grab the top of the window to resize it but not
>>> any shorter then it currently is. As you have outlined I can resize any
>>> window, just not GnuCash which has this limit.
>>
>> Which GnuCash window? *I* can shorten GnuCash's account or transaction windows
>> down to *silly* shortness -- shows 2 accounts in the account window, or 10
>> transactions in the transaction (basic ledger) in GnuCash 2.4.15 (which is
>> what I have with CentOS 6).  This is with FVWM as the window manager.

I am running
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.8 (Santiago)
gnucash-2.4.15-4.el6.x86_64
kernel-2.6.32-642.11.1.el6.x86_64

Actual display is 1280x1024

[snip]

  /V\  PGP-Key:166D840A 0C610C8B Registered Machine  1935521.
 /( )\ Shrewsbury, New Jersey    http://linuxcounter.net
 ^^-^^ 08:00:01 up 24 days, 16:10, 2 users, load average: 4.05, 4.17, 4.17