Change reconciled code

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 12:32:59 EST 2016

Dave,

Pending transactions are not complete, thus they are not part of the statement balance, and so appropriately, should not be reconciled. They are not a separate category or state of being. Reconciled is binary, yes or no. Either a transaction is part of the math that produces the account balance, or it is not. A pending transaction is not factored into the account balance. They are shown as a courtesy to you that the bank is aware of the transaction, but it has not yet been processed. When the transaction is no longer pending, only then should it change from non-reconciled. Because only then do you know if it affects the reported balance from the bank. (either failed or cleared accordingly) If the bank never showed you ‘pending’ transactions, your reconcile process and which transactions you reconcile, would still be the same.

Hope that helps,

Adrien