Capital Gains Documentation

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Dec 15 12:21:09 EST 2016

> On Dec 15, 2016, at 8:36 AM, David T. <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Frankly, I think the wiki is a better place for that sort of information; the Guide already has enough appendices that would probably be better placed in the wiki as well.

Frankly, I think that we shouldn't explain mark-to-market accounting anywhere. It seems extremely unlikely that anyone using GnuCash should be using mark-to-market and there's a lot more to it than just creating unrealized gains accounts so the existing documentation is in addition to being inappropriate is also insufficient. This is a subject where the most we should say is "If you think you need to do this you need the assistance of a licensed professional".

Regards,
John Ralls