Help with GNUCASH for some transaction options

DaveC49 davidcousens at bigpond.com
Thu Dec 15 18:44:20 EST 2016

Hi Derek,

While on the subject of A/R and A/P and the business features, if I were to
create subaccount of these tagged by an individaul custome/vendor do the
business features still work using the subaccounts or are they designed
around  single A/R and A/P accounts? I am thinking particularly of the
ageing reports.

My guess which I have not yet tested is that one can select the individual
sub-account and prepare the report for that, but selecting the top level A/R
or A/P account might not necessarily include any sub accounts. But is my
guess right?

(I have in the past in other software had sub accounts of A/R and A/P which
is useful as the Accounts tab/list can give you a quick picture of what the
totals of the outstanding payables and receivables are without having to
generate a report.)