Clearing the most recent recociliation of an account

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 22:20:09 EST 2016

John,

Yes, of course you can edit reconciled transactions and change the reconciled status, but there isn’t any “Undo last reconciliation” button. Since there isn’t, probably the easiest thing to do is work through that last statement very carefully, setting each transaction back to Not Reconciled, and change any errors you find. On each edit, GnuCash will warn you that you are attempting to edit a reconciled transaction unless you tell it not to. In this situation, I might check the “Don’t remind me any more this session” option, since you know you are editing reconciled transactions.

Once you have marked every transaction uncleared and fixed the errors, run the reconcile process again.

David