Creating a dummy account in assets to track housing loan..is it the right way?

Vinod Vinod.vadakut at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 15:30:14 EST 2016

I already have my bank savings account under assets and loan account under
liabilities to track emi and balance loan amount. After receving loan amount
in loan account i transfered it to my bank savings account. My salary etc
are also credited to same savings account. Bills related to construction
purposes are paid by cheque or money transfer from savings account. Now, i
want to track the total spending for construction purpose to know the
balance loan amount in savings account.