Australian Time Zones

GWB gwb at 2realms.com
Mon Dec 19 19:51:45 EST 2016

Just out of curiosity, what exactly is the expected format of the DT
fields in ofx and qfx?  Looking at a downloaded bank .qfx file in the
US, I see fields like:

<DTSERVER>20161025190928.238

<DTPROFUP>20050531050000.000

<DTPOSTED>20160701120000.000

But nowhere in the file do I see anything like utc+/- or gmt+/-.  Are
these already in UTC+/-0?  I'm also used to solaris and bsd time
designations, but as a general rule, I rather work with gmt 0 if
anything has to be converted.  I tend to go by post date when
downloading a quarter of transactions, because the transaction date
from institutions like Chase don't match the actual date and time of
the physical transaction (I don't expect it to, because the bank often
gets "batch" transactions at one time of the day, sometimes for
transactions over several days).

And as an aside, God Bless those parts of Australia that do not let
Standard Time or Daylight Savings Time push them around.  DST is just
plain evil.  Why should solar noon ever be earlier than 11:30 or later
than 12:30?  It violates the laws of nature.

Gordon