All Scheduled Transactions Disappear

aeneas receiver at gowdygroup.net
Sat Dec 24 17:33:17 EST 2016

When using a file instead of a DB manager you can simply "save as" to a
different file giving you a new instance of data without altering the prior
instance.  Not having used GnuCash in that manner I wouldn't know if that is
a problem but I assumed such could be done.  Then with a naming convention
you can keep a series of files that could be helpful for addressing the kind
of problem being discussed here which is when GnuCash itself corrupted the
data.  Of course the big problem we're dealing with here is that GnuCash
doesn't seem to know that the data is corrupted and therefore never gave any
indication of the problem.  As a result, we have no idea when the problem
started meaning that we have no idea when the DB was last correct and
consequently how much rework might need to be done.

It's one thing to have to deal with data corruption but it would be a big
help if GnuCash could at least spot it.