Reconciling trading accounts to show unrealized gains at year end

peripatetic gaute.ellingsen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 08:34:48 EST 2016

I'm using trading accounts in GNU cash to keep track of stock purchases. I
keep a trading account for each stock purchased, which is balanced against a
trading currency account. Assuming I do not sell the stock before the end of
the year, I will have an unrealized profit or loss. Now I am struggling to
figure out how to net out the set of trading accounts so as to transfer the
unrealized profit (or loss) to the P&L and balance sheet. Any pointers would
be much appreciated!