Project cost accounting.

frozenjim james at whitehousenorth.com
Wed Dec 28 10:47:38 EST 2016

I am unaware of GnuCash offering anything like project costing.  But as
others have mentioned, there are some basic fundamental ways to create your
chart of accounts to do this.  (I do not find this to be an acceptable
solution).

For me, I am so in love with GnuCash that I live with this shortcoming and
have found a pretty basic solution to project costing:

For each entry, be certain to use KEYWORDS in your MEMO field.  Then, at any
time, you can simply CTRL-F search and use that keyword.  You will then see
a full ledger of all activities with that keyword in the MEMO field.

The obvious flaw here is that there is no way to mark these items as
"invoiced" so you really do need to do this manually.  :-(

Hopefully this helps someone.