Invoice Action Hours Quantity Miscalculation

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Dec 29 15:15:22 EST 2016

Op donderdag 29 december 2016 23:37:52 CET schreef Gurdeep Singh (Guru):
> Hello All,
>

> I am using the Hours action in the invoice to bill my customer as per the
> number of hours. Please see attached screenshot.
>

> Taking these hours into consideration:
>
> 22.59, 9.46, 1.14, 4.04
>

> The calculation of these hours should be 38 Hrs and 03 Mins. But the
> invoice calculates it as 37 Hrs and 23 Mins.
>

> It seems that the calculation is not done properly as time is calculated 1
> qty = 60 mins, but it seems like its calculating 1 qty = 100 mins.
>

> Can this be fixed? Is there a setting for this as I did not see anything in
> the preferences or properties.
>

> Thanks.
>
> [image: Inline image 1]

Hi,

Unfortunately GnuCash is not aware of time with respect to amounts on an
invoice. The action field is just a free form field to help you express what's
on the invoice. But the numbers are always just numbers. So if you want
gnucash to calculate the proper total amounts on your invoice, you have to
recalculate your hours to decimal, so you'd have to enter 1 hour and 30
minutes as 1.5 hours. That is, convert the minutes by multiplying by 100 and
dividing by 60.

Regards,

Geert