Importing my Customer/Vendor Address into GnuCash

DaveC49 davidcousens at bigpond.com
Mon Feb 1 02:56:59 EST 2016

Hi Marilee,

If you go to
File->Import->Import Customers and Vendors you will get a dialogue with
which you can import data ( at present Vendor and Customer but not Employee
data) along with various options for the data format to import.

I have never found an option to export the customer and vendor data however
and this would be a useful option for those who prefer to create a new set
of books each period although this is not strictly necessary in GnuCash. It
would also be useful where you have to maintain the same data in an external
program (for doing payroll calculations for example) so that the data in an
external program could be kept synchronized with GnuCash.

One option would be maintain your customer/vendor data in a spreadsheet and
export it to CSV and import it into Gnucash from that file.

DaveC49