Using GnuCash to track inventories and stages of completion?

Allan Gray allan.gray at sunetrike.com
Mon Feb 1 17:36:08 EST 2016

Hi everybody,

I've been using gnucash for a few years for my own personal bookkeeping.  I
like its stripped down approach and so far have found it good for passing
back and forth between users.

As I start to move into a new business, it has occurred to me that I could
(in theory) use the stock account to keep track of inventories.

I'm new to this sort of record-keeping (especially how inventory moves from
raw parts to unfinished goods, to completed product for sale).

Does anyone know of people who have tried gnucash for this purpose and what
their experience has been?  Alternatively, maybe there is an open sourced
option that is better suited for the task?

Take care
Allan