Transactions locked

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Feb 2 09:51:09 EST 2016

On Sunday 31 January 2016 09:02:26 Jill Terry wrote:
> I have 3 transactions that appear to be locked, ie I can't edit them.
> They are not open anywhere else and I have not done anything (to my
> knowledge!) to cause this.
>
> I noticed when I decided to reorganise my accounts slightly and wanted
> to move them to a different account, I found that I could not edit
> them.  They were the only transactions in this account.  As I wanted
> to delete that account I simply deleted it and had them moved to the
> account I wanted them in.
>
> However, I now have a reference number for them, but I can't add it as
> they still appear to be locked.
>
> I considered deleting them and redoing them, however, the credit card
> payment for them has been reconciled, so that would mess up that
> account.

You may have at some point in the past chosen to not allow modification of a reconciled
transaction and indicated you don't want to get that warning again. This would
effectively prevent you from changing any reconciled transaction again.

You can reset these settings via Actions->Reset Warnings...

Does that help ?

Regards,

Geert