Install Online Price Retrieval for GnuCash PROBLEM

life0riley life0s_50 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 3 13:39:57 EST 2016

On Wednesday, February 03, 2016 05:09:59 PM Tony Lawson wrote:
> I am starting to use GnuCash in Windows 10 (64 bit)
>
> When I tried  the above operation I received the following message:
>
> * Run gnc-fq-helper
>

> Can’t locate Date/Manip.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Date::Manip
> module) (@INC c ontains: C:/Perl64/site/lib C:/Perl64/lib .)
>
> at gnc-fq-helper line 29.
>

> BEGIN failed - - compilation aborted at gnc-fq-helper line 29.

Hi Tony,

What version of GnuCash are you using?

Did you run the Install Online Price Retrieval for GnuCash?
The Install Online Price Retrieval for GnuCash should install everything
necessary to get price quotes.  You should be able to launch the installer
from:
All Programs --> GnuCash
I don't have Windows 10, so I'm not sure how it looks there.

I had a similar error in Windows 7 with GnuCash 2.6.7.
I ran the Install Online Price Retrieval for GnuCash and got the following
error:
Can't locate Date/Manip.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Date::Manip
module) (@INC contains: C:/strawberry/perl/site/lib
C:/strawberry/perl/vendor/lib C:/strawberry/perl/lib .) at gnc-fq-helper line
33.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at gnc-fq-helper line 33.

I did this to resolve it.

You can install the Date-Manip module in Windows 7 this way.
Open the Windows command prompt
Type “ppm” without the quotes and press enter
C:\Users\life0riley>ppm

Type “search Date” without the quotes and press enter
PPM> search Date

You should see Date-Manip as an available package
Type “install Date-Manip” without the quotes and press enter

Type exit to close the exit the PPM utility.

Re-run the Install Online Price Retrieval for GnuCash
You should now get the message that says installation succeeded.

I used this as a guide to install the Date::Manip module.
http://perl.find-info.ru/perl/030/app01lev1sec2.html

Regards,
life0riley