Online Banking Setup using Quicken Logs

Macho Philipovich macho at resist.ca
Thu Feb 4 12:36:27 EST 2016

   Hi there,
   Does Gnucash support Web Connect?
   I'm trying to connect to two Canadian financial institutions for which
   "<INTU.FIPROFILEURL>Web Connect Only" appears in the Quicken connection
   logs, and am having no luck, although I do see fields for ORG, FID, and
   URL. If Web Connect is not supported, is there a way to force Quicken
   to try to connect only with Direct Connect so I can see and hopefully
   use that logging info, if any can be generated?
   When I try to have Gnucash request the account list for one of these, I
   get:

     12:29:06 Sending request...
     12:29:07 Using old SSL preparation code.
     12:29:07 TLS: SSL-Ciphers negotiated:
     TLS1.2:ECDHE-RSA-AES-256-GCM:AEAD
     12:29:17 Waiting for response...
     12:29:17 Parsing response...
     12:29:17 Parsing response
     12:29:17 Error parsing response
     12:29:17 Operation finished, you can now close this window.

   Is there any way to see this response that it can't parse, in case
   there are any clues there?
   Any other suggestions are helpful: I've had a look through the wiki
   already.
   Thanks,
   Macho