new financial period

Wm tcnw81 at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 8 20:10:04 EST 2016

On 01/02/2016 12:27, Hélène PETIT wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I am in France, and I am using GnuCash to manage the accounting of a
> small non-profit organization.
> I am satisfied, even if the translation into french is rather weird.

People using non-european languages probably find it even more strange!

> As a new financial period has occured, and as I "closed book" using the
> dedicated tool, I don't want to see the old 2015 transactions when
> looking at income or expense accounts.
>
> Have I to modify the filter for each related account, one by one, or did
> I miss an existing command doing this on a collection of accounts on one
> shot ?

If you simply don't want to see too many transactions try
Edit / Preferences / Register defaults = 50
or however many transactions you are comfortable with.  That will work
for each register but is number specific rather than date specific.

In combination with View / Filter By / Save filter you can hopefully
achieve what you want.

--
Wm