a Little help with EU Tax setup please

benny benoitrivaux at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 17:08:17 EST 2016

Hello everyone,

First of all, well done to the programmers of GNUCash, I downloaded it
tonight and was really surprised on how pretty it looks.

Tonight I am trying to setup my EU tax rates but struggle a little bit.

In the new account tab I would like to set my types of output and input VAT
but I am not sure how to set them properly.

Could someone tell me what are the top accounts types please, is input vat
an asset? and output vat a liability?

VAT
--INPUT
Purchases