Recovered from a crash to find columns swapped and assets negative

Rean Jacob reanjacob at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 19:07:00 EST 2016

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 3:25 PM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> Was the QIF import related to these two transactions?

This qif file was related to the accounts, but not to the transactions.

> If you're using the XML backend there should be some time-stamped backup
> files in the same directory as your account file. You can open the last one
> of those previous to the crash to eliminate any corruption caused by the
> crash.

Forgive me for sounding stupid.

Should I revert to one of the files that end with .gnucash or the .log
files?

The sad part of all this is, the crash happened back in December last week
and I think the backups are only kept for 30 days by default. When I
checked the folder, all the timestamps are in February.

Is there something I could do here?