entries into register won't record

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 10:49:33 EST 2016

On 28 February 2016 at 08:13,  <gnua at sundew.org.uk> wrote:
> I've done some further investigation which brings me to two questions:
>
> 1)  I've opened my datafile in gc for windows - 2.6.11 which gives me the
> same error.  From that I conclude the problem isn't due to the old version
> of GC.  Is that fair?  Any suggestions how to get things working?  There
> seems to be no pattern to which entries I can or cannot enter.
>
> 2) Is there a step by step guide to compiling Gnucash on Ubuntu - or at
> least some reading material someone could point me to?  It's nothing
> something I've done before but I'm keen to learn. I'm reasonably up to speed
> runnign from the command prompt but could do with a compiler's guide. ( I
> realise that's probably not one for here, but any pointers to helpful sites
> would be appreciated.)

There are quite detailed instructions on the wiki but they may be a
little out of date [1].  They won't be far off though.  However if you
just want the latest build then get it from getdeb. See [2] for doing
that.

[1] http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building
[2] http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Ubuntu

Colin