Enter wipes out half of transaction

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 03:35:33 EST 2016

On 29 February 2016 at 03:47, E Rosenberg <wmcomputersystems at gmail.com> wrote:
> Derek -
>
> Excellent!!
>
> Journal view is what I need.

Just to clarfiy the current situation.  The reason that in the default
view it does not show the matching split is that it is entirely
unnecessary and just wastes space on the screen.  The matching split
is implied by the fact that you are looking, in your example, at the
register for Accounts:Checking.  You can immediately tell from the
fact that all you see, after hitting enter, is
Expenses:Groceries  10.00
that there is a matching split from the Checking account.

Not that I am saying that you should not use the journal view, that is
entirely up to you of course.

Colin