Book

Buddha Buck blaisepascal at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 17:05:58 EST 2016

A "T account" is a name used for a ledger account in intro to bookkeeping
classes/books. It's written as a big "T", with the name of the account
across the top, and a clear separation of debit and credit entries. It's
used to emphasize that the accounts have two different types of entries
which are summed up separately to get the account balance. I'm pretty sure
the two columns are separated in such an exaggerated view (there's usually
rarely a place to write most other transaction details) to make sure the
students don't think that the two columns on the right hand side of a
ledger page are a mistake, or one used for the transaction amounts and the
other for a running balance, etc.

I'm not a professional bookkeeper, but outside of training materials, I
don't think I've seen the term used.