Backup and Log File Retention Question

Mike Overholt mover at charter.net
Fri Jan 1 11:43:15 EST 2016

According to the FAQ (paragraph 3.1.5) I see that I should be able to set
the length of time that backup & log files are retained. It's my impression
from the documentation that GnuCash should automatically delete files older
than specified in [Preferences | General | Files | Retain log/backup
files:]. I've verified that this is set to "For: 30 days" on my system, yet
I see that there are over 2,000 files going back as far as 2014-04-25.

Am I misunderstanding how this setting works? Are there other settings that
might be causing this behavior? I have plenty of free disk space and can
always delete older files manually, but it would be convenient if this were
automatic.

Thanks!

Mike:o