Move GnuCash from PC to Mac

Jill Terry jill at babrees.co.uk
Sat Jan 2 07:36:34 EST 2016

Hi John.  Thanks for the link.

On opening GnuCash again, I realised that the reports tab is not showing
at all.  Perhaps I didn't install it correctly, not sure. Installing is
so much more involved on a Mac!

The instructions in the GnuCash docs say to just drag the downloaded
file into the applications.  I don't think that's correct.  Anyway, I
opened the downloaded file which in turn opened a folder and I dragged
the GnuCash file in that folder into Applications.  Then double clicking
on that file opens GnuCash. Does that sound correct?

It all seems to work except that I do not have a reports tab.

Looking at the link you gave me I went to |~/Library/Application
Support/ but there was no folder for gnucash.  Can't see how to set he
file manager to show hidden files though, so wonder if it's hidden.

Have I done it incorrectly?

Cheers
Jill

On 01/01/2016 17:29, John Ralls wrote:
>> On Jan 1, 2016, at 3:51 AM, Jill Terry <jill at babrees.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Happy New Year!
>>
>> I had a Mac Computer for Christmas.  Now in the process of setting it up.  Have GnuCash working fine and my accounts are great, except that of course I don't have my customised reports.  Is there any way I can get these onto my Mac?
> See http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.6/C/gnucash-guide/basics-migrate-settings.html
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

---