Move GnuCash from PC to Mac

Jill Terry jill at babrees.co.uk
Sat Jan 2 12:17:53 EST 2016

On 02/01/2016 16:47, John Ralls wrote:

> Sounds like you installed it correctly.
> ~/Library/Application Support/Gnucash is created the first time you
> run GnuCash. It's not hidden. Perhaps you looked for it before running
> GnuCash the first time?
>
> Reports tab? Each report will open in a tab, but you have to run it
> from the Reports menu first. If you had one open when you quit GnuCash
> the last time on your PC then GnuCash's knowledge of that is in that
> .gnucash directory, so once you get its contents copied into
> ~/Library/Application Support/Gnucash it should appear the next time
> you open GnuCash.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

Thanks John.   No, I looked for the folder after I had run GnuCash.
Sorry, yes I meant Report Menu, not tab (I'm tired!!!)

oh gosh, talk about a dumb blonde!!!  I am so stupid!  I can't get used
to the top menu not being on top of the open program!!!

Yes, Reports IS on the menu!   However, there is still no
~/Library/Application Support/Gnucash folder.   I have just manually
made a new folder and copied the file "saved-reports-2.4" from my PC to
the new folder.  Unfortunately, it still says I have no configured
reports :(