"Opening Balance" Invoices Carried Over From Prior Data File

Wilf_Carter bolr5gz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 11:59:14 EST 2016

I have been using Gnucash for my business several years now and using
invoicing and accounts payable.

I am starting a new data file for my business and I have several outstanding
invoices I need to carry over from the old in a similar vein to an opening
balance so that I can mark them as paid when I receive the checks.

What would be the cleanest way to accomplish this?