Budgets - Hiding Accounts Not of Interest

DaveC49 davidcousens at bigpond.com
Sun Jan 3 00:17:40 EST 2016

Hi Liz,

Point taken. I am an accountant so I do tend to think of things in business
terms.
Even for personal accounting though the basic purpose and process is
similar, you initially want to plan your expenditure vs income and then
measure your current state against the expectation, i.e. have I earned more
or less than I expected and have I spent more or less than I expected is
what you wish to know.  The major difference between a home or personal
budget and a business budget is largely that a business account tree is
structured largely against the external reporting requirements e.g. grouping
and naming of accounts and a personal or home account tree may have a
simpler structure (although not necessarily depending on the complexity of
your personal affairs. Someone who manages a  personal share and property
portfolio could easily require a structure like any small business.

My point is that the main difference between business and personal
accounting is the basic structure of the account tree and the names assigned
to to accounts not any significant differences in process

Cheers

David.