GnuCash on a Mac

Jill Terry jill at babrees.co.uk
Sun Jan 3 02:58:34 EST 2016

Just trying to get to grips with the transition from PC to Mac!

I have 3 sets of different accounts using GnuCash.  On the PC I had a
short-cut on my desktop for each account and I would just double click
on that to open that set of accounts.

I have tried to set this up on the Mac but failed.   I added an alias
for each account on the desktop, but when I double click that GnuCash
simply opens up with the last Accounts used, not the set I clicked on.
I have tried dragging and dropping the file onto the program icon and
even opening up GnuCash and then dragging the file on to that, but
nothing works.

Is the ONLY way to open a specific set of accounts to first open GnuCash
and then File/Open ?

Cheers
Jill