Installing on iMac

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Jan 5 18:42:47 EST 2016

> On Jan 5, 2016, at 3:26 PM, David T. <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> John—
>
> Is it possible that Michael is encountering the Apple warning about opening an app from an unknown developer? I have always encountered that when installing/upgrading GnuCash.
>
> Perhaps it will suffice to Ctrl-Click on Gnucash.app in Finder, and select Open from the context menu.

Yes, I think that's the warning he's getting. He shouldn't get it and neither should you: Gnucash.app is signed with an Apple developer certificate. If you have your System Preferences>Security & Privacy>General>Allow Apps Downloaded From: set to "Mac App Store" you get a different message, "Gnucash can't be opened because it was not downloaded from the Mac App Store."

Note that you will always get "Gnucash is an application downloaded from the internet. Are you sure you want to open it?".

Regards,
John Ralls