Installing on iMac

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Jan 6 00:47:19 EST 2016

> On Jan 5, 2016, at 6:17 PM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>

>> On Jan 5, 2016, at 5:18 PM, Michael Ellenbogen <michael at eonscreative.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you John and David.
>>
>> John, the version that would not install was downloaded from GnuCash.org link early in December and was Gnucash-Intel-2.6.9-1.dmg
>>
>> Today I deleted that file and downloaded the latest Gnucash-Intel-2.6.10-1.dmg
>>
>> I checked my Security & Privacy:
>>

>> I DOUBLE-CLICKED THE “Gnucash” icon:
>>

>> And this is what happened:
>>

>> So, in this case, do you recommend going back to SECURITY & PRIVACY and selecting ALLOW APPS DOWNLOADED FROM “Anywhere”?
>
> You shouldn't run GnuCash from the dmg, but I wouldn't expect that you'd get a security error from that.
>
> No, I recommend that you first drag GnuCash to your /Applications folder and try again. If that still puts up the error message you can control-click on Gnucash and select open from the menu. The warning dialog box will then give you the option to run it anyway.

I just tested on my laptop and got the "unidentified developer" error dialog. Something's up. I googled and found http://furbo.org/2015/07/23/code-signing-in-el-capitan/ and following the investigation outlined there found a dangling symlink in the bundle.

Which is interesting. Codesign on El Cap happily signed the bundle without complaint but El Cap considers the signature invalid.

So I'll see what I can do to fix the bogus link and anything else that the security checker whines about and add another QA step to my release process.

Regards,
John Ralls