Liabilities debits and credits swapped in General Ledger

James at fusionsystems.co.za James at fusionsystems.co.za
Wed Jan 6 12:52:19 EST 2016

Hi All

So I've been trying to export my transactions to send to my accountant
to prepare financial statements. I've used the General Ledger report
(Assets and Liabilities-> General Ledger report) of GnuCash 2.6.10 on
Windows.

I then save the output to html and open in Excel. Mostly this works.
However, with a particular account (of type Liability), it seems the
debits and credits are swapped in the report.

Attached is a screenshot showing the account register and the report.
You will observe that the figures that are in the credit column in the
account register show up in the debit column of the report and vice
versa.

Has anyone else had this problem? I've tried to attach the files to this
mail - not sure if attachments get through to the mailing list but can
post them on an image share website otherwise.

Any advice will be most welcome

many thanks
James Thorpe