CentOS 6 & gnucash 2.4.15 Printing problems...

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Wed Jan 6 16:35:44 EST 2016

On Wed, Jan 06, 2016 at 03:12:06PM -0500, Robert Heller wrote:
> I recently upgraded my system to CentOS 6 and installed the version of gnucash
> in the EPEL repo (2.4.15).  Everything works properly, *EXCEPT* printing is
> weird:
>
> I have a PostScript Laser printer (a small Brother B&W model) and when I went
> to print some invoices, I had a problem: it sent PDF code directly to the
> printer (the printer was not amused, nor was I). I am able to print to file
> (selecting Postscript format output) and then sending the output.ps file to
> the printer with the lp command.
>
> What am I doing wrong?  Is there some preference or system setting I need to
> change?

wrong printer driver? what model Brother is it? are you using the
driver from Brother's web site, or one of the "mostly works" ones
from the Fedora distribution?

> Printing otherwise (other apps) works fine (well, the only other app I have
> used to print is the lp command), so I am assuming that CUPS is setup
> properly.

  Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government there will be no end. He
 will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding