Correcting banks mistake in GNUCash

David J. Bakeman dbakeman at comcast.net
Wed Jan 6 18:22:50 EST 2016

   OK I deposited a check in payment for an invoice.  No problem I've been
   doing this for years.  However, the bank decided not to accept this
   check erroneously as it turned out.  So now my statement has the
   initial deposit which I recorded in gnucash as a payment to the
   invoice.  Then it has a withdrawal when they decided they couldn't
   process the check and another deposit after they determined their
   mistake.
   So here's my plan I'll leave the initial payment as is.  I will create
   a transfer from checking to another asset account and then another
   transfer from that asset account to checking for the redeposit.  That
   way I can reconcile my statement and my gnucash books will be correct I
   think.
   I'm not sure though is there a more correct way to do this?
   Thanks for the help!
   P.S.
   Sorry for posting another time with the same question but I thought a
   better subject line might help.