Installing on iMac

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Jan 6 22:58:55 EST 2016

> On Jan 6, 2016, at 6:00 PM, tanjao <tanjaolson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am having the same problem as Michael (original poster). I have been using
> GnuCash for many years and enjoy it. I have had several issues with
> "installing" new updates over the years, but have always been able to track
> down a fix with Google. So, I downloaded 2.6.10 and dumped it into the
> Applications folder and it starts verifying and the blue status bar goes all
> the way to the end of the bar and then nothing happens. I have tried dumping
> 2.6.10 and going back to 2.6.9, because I think that was my latest version,
> and the same thing happened. I am stuck. Thanks in advance for your help.

If you control-click on the GnuCash icon and pick "open" from the menu, after the "verifying" dialog completes it should pop up a dialog box saying that it's from an unknown developer with an "open anyway" and a "cancel" button. Click "open anyway". It's possible that that dialog is getting hidden. If it just dies, look in /Applications/Utilities/Console for diagnostic messages or a crash report. If there's nothing there try running GnuCash from /Applications/Utilities/Terminal by typing
  /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOSX/Gnucash
at the prompt. There are some errors messages that are viewable only that way.

Regards,
John Ralls