Cannot direct connect to chase - business account

David Reiser dbreiser at icloud.com
Thu Jan 7 22:57:56 EST 2016

How many ClientUIDs did you try? One approach would be to wait a day to see if more messages come in (I got one for each of 2 ClientUIDs I tried, the first one had the hyphens still in it). And then respond to the most recent secure message that asks for confirmation. Since it’s an autobot that’s sending the secure messages, it’s unlikely they’ll be generated out of order.

If you’ve switched back and forth among several ClientUIDs, you could wait a day, put a new, final UID in place, attempt a connection, and then wait for the request for confirmation from the newest attempt. As long as you haven’t confirmed any UID yet, it won’t matter that you don’t respond to the early messages. At some point, Chase might cut you off for fear your multiple different UIDs are an attempt to break in. But that wouldn’t be my first guess for fewer than 5 separate UIDs. I don’t think several tries per UID matters either. But I could be wrong about that. Chase doesn’t offer any explanation of what their security protocols are.

I’ve seen one report that Chase allows at least 2 confirmed UIDs (everybody has a desktop and a mobile, right?), so you can probably abandon any prior confirmation. Intuit recommends banks accept more than one per account, but there is no standard number required. In a pinch, you should be able to call Chase and ask them to reset your direct connect authentications. Then start over.