Problems starting Gnucash under Windows 7

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Jan 9 10:20:31 EST 2016

> On Jan 7, 2016, at 11:55 PM, Michael <michael.schultze at laoautism.org> wrote:
>
> Hallo,
>
> we recently upgraded a number of computers to Windows 7 (32 bit, SP 1)
> after formatting the hard disks and could not start the newly installed
> Gnucash on any of them. After installing Gnucash 2.6.10 the opening
> screen popped up once in a flash and disappeared. Going back to an older
> installation file (2.6.5) which runs on another computer under Windows
> 10 without problem ended with the same result. In the net I found the
> proposal to run Gnucash as administrator. This didn't solve the problem.
> Two out of the three tested computers are on-line, one off-line. The
> on-line machines are protected by Kaspersky, the off-line machine has no
> anti-virus installed.
> We switched the whole accounting of our association to Gnucash and are
> now in trouble as we can't get it running on the accountants computer.
> So any help is highly appreciated.

See if there are any errors in the trace file: http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile. Complaints about not finding perl are normal.

Try launching from the console: Select Run from the start menu and type 'cmd'. In the resulting window at the prompt enter the path to gnucash, most likely c:\"Program Files"\gnucash\bin\gnucash. There can be errors there that don't show up anywhere else.

Regards,
John Ralls